NeuRA challenge events
Conquer Kokoda for NeuRA 2017 October 30 – November 9
When we think of significant places in Australia’s history, often we will think ‘Kokoda.’
Join Conquer Kokoda and retrace the footsteps of the soldiers who fought to defend PNG and Australia during the Second World War. These brave men created a legend that you will experience in this eleven day trip. You’ll also be part of a team raising vital funds to support NeuRA’s vision of conquering and curing diseases and disabilities of the brain and nervous system.
Everyday Australians, just like you, aspire to achieve the satisfaction of trekking this famous trail. Some trekkers will seek to understand more of the Kokoda campaign, others will want to honour family who fought and some wish to test themselves against one of the world’s great endurance challenges.
Whatever your motivation, to Conquer Kokoda will be a powerful and life-changing experience. It will also give you insight into the challenges faced by Australian soldiers, as well as those who are challenged daily by diseases and disabilities of the brain and nervous system like Alzheimer’s, bipolar, Parkinson’s, MND and schizophrenia.
Highlights and Fast Facts
- Dates: 30 October – 9 November 2017 (inc. 8 days trekking)
- Trek 96 kilometres through tropical rainforest, over mountainous terrain and into unspoiled villages along the legendary Kokoda Track
- Discover the rugged beauty of the Papua New Guinea highlands and the colourful cultures of the region
- Follow in the footsteps of Australian history on an iconic pilgrimage
- Raise funds to help NeuRA prevent, treat and cure brain and nervous system diseases, disorders and injuries
For more information click here or call Inspired Adventures on 1300 905 188