Leaving a gift to NeuRA will help us find the cures so urgently needed by millions of Australians. It won’t cost you anything now, but it is one of the simplest and most powerful ways to support our work into the future. Your gift will transform lives and help protect a whole new generation of families.
Bequests and donations have underpinned research programs including:
- Leading a new study using an immune treatment to reduce symptoms and improve cognition in people with schizophrenia
- Discovery of a gene and potential hormone treatment for frontotemporal dementia
- A new project that aims to understand who will benefit from a simple and portable treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Participation in a global clinical trial that aims to prevent the development of symptoms in individuals at risk of familial Alzheimer’s disease
- Development and trial of a safe, evidence-based, tailored exercise program to improve balance, delivered through an iPad
Joan Heaney’s younger brother, Brian, developed a degenerative brain disorder related to Parkinson’s disease called corticobasal degeneration. Joan was devastated when Brian gradually lost the ability to control his body and speech.
“Brian felt so passionately about this that I thought, I’m going to leave a gift in my will to NeuRA”
Types of bequests
- You can leave a percentage of your estate.
- After meeting all your personal commitments, you can choose to leave NeuRA the balance or residue of your estate.
- If you wish to support research in a particular area, or give for a particular purpose like a commemorative scholarship or endowment, please discuss this with us.
- You may wish to leave certain assets such as shares.
If you are ready to make your commitment please click here.
To discuss in confidence, this important decision please contact NeuRA Bequest Manager, Stephanie Grove on 1300 888 019 or email